Hi, I'm Taner
I'm a digital accessibility consultant (certified IAAP Web Accessibility Specialist) & senior front-end engineer. I care deeply about usability, inclusive design and accessibility, and enjoy working on projects that are societally meaningful and are inclusive of everyone.
What I Can Do For You
I can help you with building anything from websites to complex apps, and assist you with making things accessible in the process. My services include:
- 👨🏻💻 Front-end development of websites and web apps
- 💡 Accessibility consulting
- 🔎 Accessibility tests / WCAG audits (web and app accessibility)
- 👨🏻🏫 Workshops about digital accessibility
You can book a short one-on-one call to find out how I can help you out. Also, feel free to get in touch via my other contact channels.
As a software developer, I have broad knowledge about technical foundations in various fields. Here is what I specialize on:
- Software Development
- Web Standards
- Digital Accessibility
- Front End
- Full Stack
- Developer Workshops
My Tool Set
Tools and Technologies change all the time, but these are the things that I enjoyed working with recently:
- Tailwind CSS
- Unit Tests
- E2E Tests
- REST APIs
In my 6+ years as a freelancer, I helped many clients with their digital accessibility and front-end development needs.
I highly recommend Taner, he is a true expert when it comes to accessibility! He helped SPRIND to make the website accessible, not only by knowing what needs to be done, but as well, by guiding us, how to do so, and helping us execute. Working with Taner is a pleasure, as he takes over responsibility, is very responsive and makes sure he communicates in a way, his clients understand. Beyond his knowledge and work ethics he is a nice person to work with! I am looking forward to working with Taner again!
Other clients for accessibility and front-end development services include:
Some of my public work:
- On a11yup.com I work on my A11y Up project, where I do research, education and coding somewhere at the intersection of accessibility, video games and content creation.
- wheelmap.org: I contributed to the app to find wheelchair-accessible places. I was mainly respsonsible for making the app itself as accessible as possible.
- Digital Accessibilty Guideline: Published a guideline for digital accessibility (in German) for the Bertelsmann Foundation.
- Talk: Video Games & Accessibility: An introductory talk about accessibility in video games at the Accessibility Meetup Berlin.
You can reach me via